Program & Project Management
Exceptional project execution
In an ever-changing business and economic environment, the program management skills are essential to your success. Our approach to effective program and project management begins with empowering our program manager with the authority and responsibility for the deliverables with access to all resources needed to ensure that the work can be performed effectively and efficiently. We have designed our approach and organization so that lines of authority and communication are clear and direct.
Our PMs have decades of project leadership and process transformation experience. They epitomize the leadership that leads to project success. We apply the project management life cycle from initiation through closing by using effective tools and techniques. We understand social and cultural aspects, legal and regulatory practices, technology and infrastructure that influence projects’ success in global missions.
- Full-bore PMI & ITIL
- Software development project management (Agile & Waterfall)
- Attention to detail in project artifacts (e.g., project plans, schedules, status reports)
- Defined stakeholder engagement process
- All documentation posted to project collaboration site (e.g., SharePoint)
- All releases posted to your version manager
- Follows your project management requirements
- Provides draft documentation to you before official submissions
- Flexibility to resource project correctly with clearable, niche resources
- Client-focused to meet your needs
Capabilities and Expertise
- Project planning, conflict resolution, mentoring & guiding
- Technical understanding of latest technologies
- Managing scope & scale
- Building trust & collaboration across countries, cultures, time zones & languages
- Coordinating large workstreams & teams
We turn program management principles and theory into practice. Our solutions comprise –
- Project management methods & best practices
- Project portfolio management
- Program management office
- Corporate culture & organizational behavior
- Program management leadership
Over time, we have sharpened our program management skills. We bring the organizational and leadership elements required to provide a successful environment for projects to succeed. Elevate provides our PMs with the necessary organizational support structures that enable them to deliver results to the mission and to the customers they serve.
We brought a solid understanding of the design-build-deploy process for the client’s software. The critical success factors were project planning, cost variance, on-time/on-budget delivery and positive client satisfaction. Our program manager provided executive leadership. We empowered our PM with the authority and responsibility for the deliverables with access to all resources needed to ensure that the work was performed effectively and efficiently. We designed our approach and organization so that lines of authority and communication were clear and direct. We incorporated a simple, but highly effective, risk management process. Upon contract award, we began working with key stakeholders to identify possible risks to contract success and develop mitigation strategies and contingency plans to address each risk. To date, we have experienced no cost variance or change orders. Our stakeholder engagement and project planning methodologies helped us deliver on-time and on-budget consistently. Our client evaluations have been positive consistently.
Our PM manages several projects for the customer. The PM leads teams and influences decisions to mitigate risks. He has encouraged and instilled best practices, such as:
- The tools and techniques to manage the comprehensive project management life cycle for a project - from initiation through closing.
- Balancing the critical tradeoffs of time, cost and scope to meet customer expectations
- Leading projects to success by capitalize on the necessary leadership and behaviors
- Navigating the social and cultural aspects, legal and regulatory practices, technology and infrastructure that influence the projects’ success.
We adopted our customer’s operational and security policies for use as a basis to develop document management, performance monitoring, quality assurance, and reporting processes. Our PM continuously monitors processes and procedures and provide process improvement recommendations during status meetings and reviews.
- The PM reports on productivity metrics, funding levels, budget execution, quality assurance, risk management, and deliverables. The PM actively manages each task with appropriate milestones to give the customer insight into project success. We minimize risks via best practices, lessons learned, and proven SDLC and Agile methodologies that Elevate has used repeatedly with success.
- We follow an ITIL and CMMI service delivery approach.
- We communicate mission priorities from the top of the organization through service review meetings attended by the PM. The PM leads the staff by example and with a sense of urgency towards meeting customer goals. They are also aware that performance is measured through metrics and they understand our expectations in achieving operational excellence.
Risk Management is a critical aspect of our PM’s approach. We conduct risk assessments using metrics to monitor and communicate project status. We identify and monitor risk triggers which, when realized, cause risks to occur. We facilitate the monitoring and communication of risks by reporting that enables the PM and stakeholders to manage risks. We use strategies including risk avoidance and mitigation, and develop contingency plans to handle realized risk situations. The PM conducts regular monitoring for all projects, which is incorporated into status meetings with the Government.