Our PM manages several projects for the customer. The PM leads teams and influences decisions to mitigate risks. He has encouraged and instilled best practices, such as:
- The tools and techniques to manage the comprehensive project management life cycle for a project – from initiation through closing.
- Balancing the critical tradeoffs of time, cost and scope to meet customer expectations
- Leading projects to success by capitalize on the necessary leadership and behaviors
- Navigating the social and cultural aspects, legal and regulatory practices, technology and infrastructure that influence the projects’ success.
We adopted our customer’s operational and security policies for use as a basis to develop document management, performance monitoring, quality assurance, and reporting processes. Our PM continuously monitors processes and procedures and provide process improvement recommendations during status meetings and reviews.
- The PM reports on productivity metrics, funding levels, budget execution, quality assurance, risk management, and deliverables. The PM actively manages each task with appropriate milestones to give the customer insight into project success. We minimize risks via best practices, lessons learned, and proven SDLC and Agile methodologies that Elevate has used repeatedly with success.
- We follow an ITIL and CMMI service delivery approach.
- We communicate mission priorities from the top of the organization through service review meetings attended by the PM. The PM leads the staff by example and with a sense of urgency towards meeting customer goals. They are also aware that performance is measured through metrics and they understand our expectations in achieving operational excellence.
Risk Management is a critical aspect of our PM’s approach. We conduct risk assessments using metrics to monitor and communicate project status. We identify and monitor risk triggers which, when realized, cause risks to occur. We facilitate the monitoring and communication of risks by reporting that enables the PM and stakeholders to manage risks. We use strategies including risk avoidance and mitigation, and develop contingency plans to handle realized risk situations. The PM conducts regular monitoring for all projects, which is incorporated into status meetings with the Government.